Thursday, August 26, 2010

VEGGIES!!!

One thing that I love about the summer months is all the fresh veggies!!! Kale's family has a HUGE garden every year. His dad always brings us stuff like green beans, squash, zucchini, corn, tomatoes, watermelon, okra, potatoes, and all sorts of other fruits and vegetables.
I have also been participating in an organic food co-op. A group of people get together and order organic produce and other organic food items that are delivered every week. Kale and I are really trying to eat healthier and this forces me to use vegetables in my cooking that I normally would not use. Also, it is helping me eat not so much sugar and carbs to hopefully help with project baby. :0) It is surprisingly not that expensive for organic and I really like finding recipes to match the produce.
I can't believe it is almost September!!!! Next year I want to learn how to can things like spaghetti sauce, salsa, soup, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment